If you’re an omnivore who has ever sought cooking advice, chances are you’ve been told to consider buying “quality” meat from your local butcher. Perhaps even by us. In this episode, we chat with 4th generation butcher and founder of Seemore Sausage, Cara Nicoletti, about why this advice matters and how to take it without breaking the bank. (Or dying of intimidation.)
About Our Guest: Cara Nicoletti
Cara Nicoletti is a 4th generation butcher, recipe developer, author of the literary cookbook Voracious, and host of the Vice Munchie’s series, The Hangover Show and Open Fire. Cara grew up working at her family’s butcher shop outside of Boston, and is the first woman in her family to take up the trade. Becoming a butcher wasn’t always Cara’s plan, but after working in restaurants through college, she made her way back to butchery and immediately gravitated towards sausage. Why? It was her way of getting her customers to eat less meat.
Links From This Episode
- Our episode How to Turn Any Ground Meat Into Delicious Dinner
- Our episode How to Make Chicken as Delicious as it is Convenient
- Our episode Going Vegan With Kids
- Our episode Intersectional Environmentalist and Feeding Our Families
- Our episode How to Make Vegan Cooking Delicious For Everyone
- What is whole animal butchery?
- The EatWild.com directory of pasture raised farms from which you can buy meat and other animal products
- @butchermemes on Instagram
- Denver steak is the best steak you’ve never heard of
- What is Delmonico steak and is it better than ribeye?
- What the heck is deckle?
Products From This Episode
- Cara’s line of veggie-packed sausages, Seemore Meats and Veggies
- Cara’s favorite flavors: Seemore Chicken Chili Verde Sausage
- Cara’s favorite flavors: Seemore Broccoli Melt Sausage
- Cara’s favorite flavors: Seemore La Dolce Beet-A Sausage
- Victorinox knives
We Love Our Sponsors
Affordable, Convenient, Organic
Amara Organic Baby Food delivers all of the tastes, textures, and nutrients of fresh purees with the convenience of an on-the-go powder.
Just add water, breast milk or formula, mix, and serve!
Amara is made without added preservatives or sugars, has 50% less natural sugar than leading brands, and still costs under $2/meal.
Learn more and use code DIJFY for 20% off.
Natural Hair Health
Did you know that 30 million woman are impacted by weakened or thinning hair?
Nutrafol offers solution with two targeted formulas for women that are clinically shown to improve hair growth and thickness.
And the best part: Nutrafol is made with medical-grade botanicals. It is a 100% drug-free.
Take their Hair Wellness Quiz and enter the code DIJFY to save $15 on your first month’s subscription, plus FREE shipping.