We’re taking a moment this holiday season to think about ways that we can help take care of others now — and all year long. From the nuts and bolts of setting up a meal train to thinking about when and how to help (so that it works for you and your family too), we have tons of tips and recipes ideas that make feeding others easier.
The DIJFY Listener Survey
We’ve got a holiday ask! Think of it as a holiday gift to us that will help us keep on giving to you:
We’ve put together a DIJFY Listener Survey to learn more about you and you want from Didn’t I Just Feed You.
We promise it’ll only take a few minutes. In fact, you can fill it out now: DIJFY Listener Survey.
And of course there are prizes!
We’ll be gifting three randomly selected survey takers every week that the survey is up. Each gets to choose 3 free months of a DIJFY Supporting Membership (hello 6 bonus episodes!), a cookbook bundle, or a week’s worth of coffee on us as a thank you.
Links From This Episode
- Meal Train Recipes for New Parents
- Samin Nosrat’s fun tweet
- Stacie’s Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Our freezer-friendly Make Ahead Frittata Burritos
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Stacie’s Instant Pot Egg Bites
- One Bowl Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Broccoli Cheddar Dip
- Grain Bowl inspiration
- Stacie’s Barley Grain Bowl
- New Baby Taco Box
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Maple-Mustard Winter Veggies
- Spinach and Broccoli Stalk Pesto
- Big Hero Sandwich
- Make-Ahead Summer Veggie and Chickpea Salad
- Instant Pot Shredded Harissa
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls
- White Chicken Chili
- Pumpkin Chili
- Shortcut Tortellini en Brodo
- Ultimate Chicken Salad
- Meatloaf Sandwich
- Chicken Laarb
- Panzanella Salad
- Meghan’s Maple Mustard Dressing
- Golden Tart Cherry Bar
- One-Bowl Vanilla Cake
- Our episode, The Magic of Meatballs
- Our episode, Easy Freezer Meals for Stockpiling or Gifting to New Parents
Products From This Episide
- Souper Cubes
- Meal Train, a meal train organization tool
- Take Them a Meal, an easy online meal plan sign up
- Not Just pasta sauce
* Note that several of the other meal train apps we mentioned have either gone out of business or were coopted by Meal Train, which seems to be the tools that has risen to the top of the heap.
We Love Our Sponsors
Ethical Meat Made Easy — And FREE GROUND BEEF!
Longtime listeners have heard us talk about our commitment to buying ethical meat, even if it means eating less meat overall, and Moink makes it so easy with their delicious, high-quality meats that are fairly priced and shipped straight to your door! Their animals are raised outdoors, their fish swim wild in the ocean, and Moink meat is free of antibiotics and hormones.
Sign up at MoinkBox.com/DIJFY to get one year’s worth of ground beef FREE, and then pick what meats you want delivered with your first box. Change what you get each month and cancel anytime.
Kitchen Fun With Yummy Crate
Just when we thought we couldn’t love KiwiCo more, they have gone and launched Yummy Crate.
Each month, Yummy Crate delivers quality kitchen tools, 3 recipes and 2 projects that teach kitchen skills and encourage kids 6-14 to explore the science of cooking.
Build kitchen confidence with hands-on experimentation and kid-tested recipes with Yummy Crate from KiwiCo.
Use code DIJFY for 50% off your first month plus FREE shipping at kiwico.com.
Honest, Luxe Skincare
A skincare line that both Stacie (our maximalist) and Meghan (our minimalist) love? We’ve found it in Matter Of Fact.
Matter Of Fact has two patent-pending products that have been part of both of our daily routines all winter: their Ascorbic Acid 20 Brightening C Serum and Minimalist Hydrating Cream.
The products feel great and make our skin look brighter, but the best part: they are research-backed from a company with a commitment to honest, approachable information — a rarity in the skincare industry.
Go to https://matteroffact.com and enter the code DIJFY15 at checkout for 15% off.