We’ve all seen that meme about how vacation for moms is just doing all the same stuff in a new place, and well, it hits because there’s some truth in it. Not for all moms, and not just for moms either, but no parent gets a break from making sure that everyone gets fed. So we’re sharing our favorite strategies for vacation meals and meal planning ideas that work for all kinds of family travel.
You Can Take the Parent Away From Home…
But you can’t necessarily take the home responsibilities away from the parent. This week, we talk through meal planning strategies and vacation meal ideas that we hope make it easier to feed you family while enjoying a “break.” Most of our ideas apply to staying in a home or space with a kitchen or kitchenette, but we also share road trip ideas and ideas for making feeding while staying at hotels more affordable too.
Here are links mentioned in this week’s episode:
- One Potato (or your favorite meal kit delivery service!)
- 12 No-Recipe Dinners Made With Store-Bought Rotisserie Chicken
- Stacie’s Basil Chicken Stir-Fry
- How to Cook Rice
Here are the products mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Keychain bottle openers
- Corkscrew bottle opener that’s easy to bring on the go
- Water bottle cleaning set
- Packable plates and cups for eating on the road and feeding kids at vacation homes or hotels
- A great all-purpose Y peeler
- Take and toss containers
- Meat thermometer
- Maldon salt
- Lightweight foldable backpack
- Soft-sided collapsible cooler
- Chomps Meat Sticks variety pack
- Omsom marinades and sauces
- Badia Mojo Marinade
We Love Our Sponsors
Finally! Zero-Sugar Vitamins
Tired of vitamins dressed up as candy with nearly the same amount of sugar? Welcome to Hiya, a new vitamin made with fruits, veggies, vitamins, and minerals that have all the same kid-appeal and ZERO sugar!
In the first month, your vitamins come to your door with a reusable glass bottle that your kids can personalize with stickers, then every month thereafter, Hiya sends a no-plastic refill pouch of fresh vitamins.
Receive 50% off your first order by visiting Hiyahealth.com/DIJFY or enter the code DIJFY at checkout.