We love having plain yogurt on hand for quick breakfasts, smoothie boosts, and popsicles (of course), but it turns out that you can use yogurt for so much more varied cooking and baking. In this episode, we talk through all the ways to use yogurt so that you can grab a tub and be sure to use up every drop.
A Healthy Staple With Tons of Use and Flavor Too
While you’ll never hear us recommend that you swap yogurt for mayo for a healthier summer tomato sandwich (because, no thank you), plain yogurt is an extremely versatile and healthy ingredient that can be use and swapped in a huge range of recipes. It brings a delicious tang with a hit of protein and probiotics that can make your cooking healthier and more delicious all at once.
Here are links mentioned in this week’s episode:
- How to Make Yogurt Two Ways
- White Moustache
- how to temper yogurt
- What is a panade?
- Spiced Meatballs with Yogurt and Herbs
- Turkish Yogurt Soup with Chicken, Chickpeas, and Rice
- Tandoori Yogurt Sauce/Marinade
- Tandoori Chicken
- Yogurt Rice
- Fatet Hummus (Chickpeas and Yogurt)
- Eggplant Fatteh
- Yotam Ottolenghi’s recipes for cooking with yoghurt
- Conchiglie with Yogurt, Peas & Chile
- Diane Kochilas’ Pasta With Yogurt & Caramelized Onions
- Buttermilk-Marinated Roast Chicken
- 3-Ingredient Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- Tzatziki with a twist
- Peanut Butter Honey Yogurt Dip
- Greek Yogurt Frosting
- Lemon Poppyseed Layer Cake with Whipped Yogurt Buttercream
- Yogurt Glaze
- One-Bowl Yogurt and Honey Olive Oil Cake
- 4-Ingredient Fruit and Yogurt Popsicles
- yogurt bark
- Easy Homemade Popsicles for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- How to Get Your Kids to Like Fish
Here are the products mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Greek sour cherries
- yogurt powder
- Yogurt by Molly Yeh , our pops ep, how to get kids to like fish ep,
We Love Our Sponsors
Finally! Zero-Sugar Vitamins
Tired of vitamins dressed up as candy with nearly the same amount of sugar? Welcome to Hiya, a new vitamin made with fruits, veggies, vitamins, and minerals that have all the same kid-appeal and ZERO sugar!
In the first month, your vitamins come to your door with a reusable glass bottle that your kids can personalize with stickers, then every month thereafter, Hiya sends a no-plastic refill pouch of fresh vitamins.
Receive 50% off your first order by visiting Hiyahealth.com/DIJFY or enter the code DIJFY at checkout.
Celebrating Mothers EVERY Day!
Mother’s Day has passed, but we believe in supporting and celebrating mothers all year around, and the beautiful new book Creatrix: Wisdom, Insights and Principles Shared by Mothers of Success Stories in Sports, Business and Culture does just that.
Plus, a portion of the proceeds from this must-read celebration of motherhood are donated to Good+ Foundation, Believe and Achieve Foundation and Sow Good Now, which help support moms, kids, and families all the time — not just once a year.
Grab a copy for yourself or a mom in your life now!