One of the measures of success when cooking with kids is ending up with a tasty result that everyone is excited to eat together — and what could be tastier and more exciting than BREAD! Cookbook author and the former Director of Bread for Tartine Bakery, Jennifer Latham, shares the magic of getting in the kitchen with kids to bake bread, whether you’re a beginner or advanced bread baker yourself.
Powered by RedCircle
Links From This Episode
- Jennifer’s book, Baking Bread with Kids: Trusty Recipes for Magical Homemade Bread
- Jennifer on Instagram, @jenniferlatham
- Our episode Finding Your Bread Guru with Cathy Lloyd Burns
- Our episode, How to Get Kids in The Kitchen (Even If You Don’t Want to) With Heather Staller
- Our episode, The Real Reasons We Cook With Our Kids
- Our episode, Getting Messy in the Kitchen with Kids
- Our episode, Essential Recipes for Tweens, Teens, and Graduates with Katie Morford
About Our Guest
Jennifer Latham is the author of Baking Bread with Kids: Trusty Recipes for Magical Homemade Bread from Ten Speed Press and co-author of Bread Book with Chad Robertson. She is the former Director of Bread for Tartine Bakery. She studied philosophy and journalism at UC Santa Cruz before following her love of dough into professional kitchens. Jennifer believes that healthy local food systems foster healthy people, communities and environments. She lives in Northern California, where she loves to play outside.
Keep the Conversation Going
Wondering what the deal is with our community? Let us break it down so that you can join us where we can help you best!
Our FREE community membership is always available, and all you need to do is sign up with your email (which we never share with anyone!). Community Members get access to our message boards, where they can ask questions, trade tips, and commiserate with with thousands of other busy home cooks. They also get access to our recipe archive.
Our SUPER FAN membership comes with the community boards and recipe access, too, along with a whole host of other fantastic goodies including:
- And ad-free stream of all DIJFY episodes (!!!!!)
- Two full-length bonus episodes every month
- Behind-the-scenes audio cuts that include outtakes, bloopers, and extended conversations
- Bi-monthly Office Hours where we address YOUR questions and troubleshoot YOUR kitchen, cooking or feeding challenges live and in real-time
If you really want customized, hands-on help from us, we also offer a BFF (best fan forever) membership option which WE LOVE because it allows us to work with you directly, one-on-one (you know, if you consider us one unit!).
Check out all of our community options on the Community page of our site, and join us TODAY! We can’t wait to hang out and treat you to all the extra goodies we’ve made just for you!