Not sure how to manage sugar in your house? Whether you’re grappling with an approach to desserts, sugary snacks, your kid’s attitude towards sweets, or wondering if it’s even important that pay attention to any of this stuff at all, press play now. Because if there’s one episode of Didn’t I Just Feed You from which you’ll walk away with a blueprint to take action, it’s this one.
Powered by RedCircle
Links In This Episode
The original broadcast of this episode did not have links, but in the Reheated version, we mentioned the following:
- Our episode with Jessica Wilson, What Anti-Diet Gets Wrong with Jessica Wilson, MS, RD
- Jessica Wilson on Instagram, where she shared her experiment on eating ultra processed foods (UPFs), @jessicawilson.msrd
- Naureen Hunani from RDs for Neurodiversity
- Responsive Feeding
- The Correlation Between Neurodivergence and Eating Disorders
- What If We Just Let Our Kids Eat What They Want?
- Does Sugar Really Cause “Bad” Behavior In Children?
- The Trouble With Sugar on The Maintenance Phase
About Our Guest: Jill Castle
Jill Castle is a mom of 4 and author who writes about childhood nutrition and feeding kids. Early in her career as a pediatric dietitian working in hospitals, she wrote scientific research articles and textbook chapters, collaborating with physicians and researchers. Since then, she’s published 5 books, two with traditional publishers and three self published.
Jill’s nutrition site for parents, The Nourished Child®, houses a wealth of resources for parents based on her “Whole Child Nutrition” approach. She also hosts a podcast by the same name and has started seeing clients via her pediatric nutrition practice.
Keep the Conversation Going
Wondering what the deal is with our community? Let us break it down so that you can join us where we can help you best!
Our FREE community membership is always available, and all you need to do is sign up with your email (which we never share with anyone!). Community Members get access to our message boards, where they can ask questions, trade tips, and commiserate with with thousands of other busy home cooks. They also get access to our recipe archive.
Our SUPER FAN membership comes with the community boards and recipe access, too, along with a whole host of other fantastic goodies including:
- And ad-free stream of all DIJFY episodes (!!!!!)
- Two full-length bonus episodes every month
- Behind-the-scenes audio cuts that include outtakes, bloopers, and extended conversations
- Bi-monthly Office Hours where we address YOUR questions and troubleshoot YOUR kitchen, cooking or feeding challenges live and in real-time
If you really want customized, hands-on help from us, we also offer a BFF (best fan forever) membership option which WE LOVE because it allows us to work with you directly, one-on-one (you know, if you consider us one unit!).
Check out all of our community options on the Community page of our site, and join us TODAY! We can’t wait to hang out and treat you to all the extra goodies we’ve made just for you!