In this installment of How We Feed, we chat with disabled chef and writer Kendra DePinto, about adaptive cooking and feeding ourselves — and our families — while living with chronic illness. As always, we’re reminded that tips that make cooking more accessible serve every cook: this is a must-listen for all.
Powered by RedCircle
Links From This Episode
- Kendra’s site
- Kendra’s Amazon shop, which includes her favorite adaptive cooking tools
- Kendra on TikTok, @kendrawesomeness
- Kendra on Instagram, @kendrawesomeness
About Our Guest: Kendra DePinto
Kendra DePinto is a disabled chef and writer who is using her knowledge as a chef and experience as a disabled woman to share accessible recipes and encourage people to eat in whatever way is possible for them. You can find her recipes, writing, and advocacy work on TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook.
Keep the Conversation Going
Wondering what the deal is with our community? Let us break it down so that you can join us where we can help you best!
Our FREE community membership is always available, and all you need to do is sign up with your email (which we never share with anyone!). Community Members get access to our message boards, where they can ask questions, trade tips, and commiserate with with thousands of other busy home cooks. They also get access to our recipe archive.
Our SUPER FAN membership comes with the community boards and recipe access, too, along with a whole host of other fantastic goodies including:
- And ad-free stream of all DIJFY episodes (!!!!!)
- Two full-length bonus episodes every month
- Behind-the-scenes audio cuts that include outtakes, bloopers, and extended conversations
- Bi-monthly Office Hours where we address YOUR questions and troubleshoot YOUR kitchen, cooking or feeding challenges live and in real-time
If you really want customized, hands-on help from us, we also offer a BFF (best fan forever) membership option which WE LOVE because it allows us to work with you directly, one-on-one (you know, if you consider us one unit!).
Check out all of our community options on the Community page of our site, and join us TODAY! We can’t wait to hang out and treat you to all the extra goodies we’ve made just for you!