In the second installment of our new series, How We Feed, we’re chatting with Kristen Chase of Cool Mom Picks about feeding a family as a single parent. As it turns out, a lot of what Kristen has learned about being the only grownup in a house full of kids who need to be fed is instructive for all family cooks.
About Our Guest: Kristen Chase
Kristen Chase is the publisher and CEO of Cool Mom Picks. She has spent the last 15 years recommending the coolest gifts and gear for parents to millions of readers each year. Kristen has been seen on The Today Show, CNN, CBS Atlanta, on national satellite media tours, and in myriad publications, including The Washington Post and NBC News, talking about shopping and parenting culture. Her first novel and children’s picture book will be published in 2023. She’s the mom of 4 kids, ages 11 through 17, and lives in the suburbs of Philly.
Links From This Episode
- Kristen on Instagram @thatkristenagain
- Cool Mom Picks and Cool Mom Eats
- Cool Mom Picks on Instagram @coolmompicks
- Cool Mom Eats on Instagram @coolmomeats
- Kristen’s podcast with Cool Mom Picks partner Liz Gumbinner, Spawned
- Kristen’s oldest daughter (pictured top) on TikTok, @nakayoshibunny
- Jessica Ashley, Divorce Coach for Moms
- Jill Krause on Instagram @jillkraus.e
- The Baked Gnocchi Kristen mentioned: Gnocchi Lasagna with Spinach, Sausage and White Beans
- Diane Morrisey on Instagram @dianemorrisey, one of Kristen’s favorite recipe source
We Love Our Sponsors
Natural Hair Health
Did you know that 30 million woman are impacted by weakened or thinning hair?
Nutrafol offers solution with two targeted formulas for women that are clinically shown to improve hair growth and thickness.
And the best part: Nutrafol is made with medical-grade botanicals. It is a 100% drug-free.
Take their Hair Wellness Quiz and enter the code DIJFY to save $15 on your first month’s subscription, plus FREE shipping.
Honest, Luxe Skincare
A skincare line that both Stacie (our maximalist) and Meghan (our minimalist) love? We’ve found it in Matter Of Fact.
Matter Of Fact has two patent-pending products that have been part of both of our daily routines all winter: their Ascorbic Acid 20 Brightening C Serum and Minimalist Hydrating Cream.
The products feel great and make our skin look brighter, but the best part: they are research-backed from a company with a commitment to honest, approachable information — a rarity in the skincare industry.
Go to https://matteroffact.com and enter the code DIJFY15 at checkout for 15% off.