Feeding a growing athlete — through various ages and stages — can be overwhelming. From managing appetite changes to feelings about body image to teaching (and re/learning!) a balanced way of eating for performance and growth. We asked Jessica Isaacs, @jessicathesportsrd, to give us practical guidance on how to feed kid, tween, and teen athletes to fuel them and foster a healthy relationship with food.
Powered by RedCircle
- Our 15 favorite school lunch recipes (heavy hitters for a 3 week rotation of school lunches)
- Tons of tips and tricks to help pack and grocery shopp for school lunch
- A lunch box food safety sheet
- Our essential lunch box grocery list
- 15 creative ideas for packing veggies
- And MORE!
Links From This Episode
- Jessica Isaacs on Instagram, @jessicathesportsrd
- Jessica’s site, which includes tons of resources (even for aspiring sports RDs!), info on working with Jessica directly, and handouts for teen athletes
About Our Guest: Jessica Isaacs, aka @jessicathesportsrd
Jessica Isaacs, RD, CSSD is a Los Angeles-based Sports Dietitian with an eclectic career working with elite-level athletes, creating engaging social media content, and is a highly sought-after speaker and mentor.
She earned her Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics from Purdue University and is a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics. In her career working as a Sports Dietitian, she has supported thousands of athletes from youth to professional level, serving as the Sports Dietitian at Kobe Bryant’s MAMBA Sports Academy, the Basketball Performance Dietitian at UCLA, and spent two seasons as the Lead Sports Dietitian for the LA Clippers.
Keep the Conversation Going
Wondering what the deal is with our community? Let us break it down so that you can join us where we can help you best!
Our FREE community membership is always available, and all you need to do is sign up with your email (which we never share with anyone!). Community Members get access to our message boards, where they can ask questions, trade tips, and commiserate with with thousands of other busy home cooks. They also get access to our recipe archive.
Our SUPER FAN membership comes with the community boards and recipe access, too, along with a whole host of other fantastic goodies including:
- And ad-free stream of all DIJFY episodes (!!!!!)
- Two full-length bonus episodes every month
- Behind-the-scenes audio cuts that include outtakes, bloopers, and extended conversations
- Bi-monthly Office Hours where we address YOUR questions and troubleshoot YOUR kitchen, cooking or feeding challenges live and in real-time
If you really want customized, hands-on help from us, we also offer a BFF (best fan forever) membership option which WE LOVE because it allows us to work with you directly, one-on-one (you know, if you consider us one unit!).
Check out all of our community options on the Community page of our site, and join us TODAY! We can’t wait to hang out and treat you to all the extra goodies we’ve made just for you!