In this episode, we go over how to make muffins and why you should. The most flexible of the quick bread batters, muffins can be made sweet or savory, serious or fun, for breakfast, snack time or lunch. You can make them ahead, you only need one bowl, they freeze well, and most importantly, they bring serious food joy with very little work.
The Muffin Method
The Muffin Method is an approach to making a host of quick bread batters, but we take it as a sign that muffins make the moniker. They’re that important. And if you’re not so sure, this week’s episode is especially for you.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- How to Make Muffins: The Simplest, Easiest Method
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Making Muffins
- Schitt’s Creek, “Fold In the Cheese”
- Make-Ahead Ham and Cheese Muffins
- Baked Oatmeal Bites
- What’s the Difference Between a Cupcake and a Muffin?
- Dinosaur Muffins
- Spinach Cake Muffins
- Perfect Easy Blueberry Muffins
- These are more work, but this recipe for Levain Bakery Blueberry Muffins (from famed Levain Bakery in NYC) is one of the most delicious fruit muffin recipes ever!
- Streusel Topping
- Master Recipe for Any Savory Streusel
- Cocoa Cardamom Streusel Topping
- How to Make Streusel Topping the Food Processor
- Chocolate Raspberry Streusel Muffins
- Banana Muffins with Peanut Butter Streusel
- Donut Muffins
- Powdered Donut Cake from Snacking Cakesby Yossy Arefi
- Pizza Muffin recipe
- Meatloaf Muffins with BBQ Sauce
- Loaded Baked Omelet Muffins
- No-Boil Muffin Pan Pasta with Broccoli
- Pesto Pizza Rolls (video, no written recipe!)
- Cheesy Hash Browns Cups with Baked Eggs
- Spanakopita Phyllo Cups
Products featured in this episode:
- Snacking Cakesby Yossy Arefi
- Cabot Cheddar
- 24 pack silicone baking cup liners (be sure to listen for our opinion of these! it’s nuanced – lol!)
- Canned Sweet Potato Puree (pack of 3)
- Canned Pumpkin Puree (pack of 3)
- Jacobsen Salt Co Ramen Seasoning
- Bob’s Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- Bob’s Red Mill Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Snacking Cakesby Yossy Aref
Celebrating Mothers EVERY Day!
Mother’s Day has passed, but we believe in supporting and celebrating mothers all year around, and the beautiful new book Creatrix: Wisdom, Insights and Principles Shared by Mothers of Success Stories in Sports, Business and Culture does just that.
Plus, a portion of the proceeds from this must-read celebration of motherhood are donated to Good+ Foundation, Believe and Achieve Foundation and Sow Good Now, which help support moms, kids, and families all the time — not just once a year.
Grab a copy for yourself or a mom in your life now!