We’re going back to our mama roots, talking all about cute and easy treats for kids. We’re focusing on Valentine’s Day, but since we always make a point of keeping kids’ treats cute and easy (no PhD in crafting required!), you can easily adapt these Valentine’s Day treat ideas for anytime you want to create a little food joy.
Links From This Episode
- Our Easy Classroom Treats Episode
Treats for Grownups
Treats for Pups
- Stacie’s Pumpkin Peanut Butter Flax Dog Treats recipe
Easy Desserts, Snacks + Lunchbox Treats
- Sheet Pan S’mores (use themed-sprinkles and any color candy melts that matches your theme or holiday!)
- Three-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse (made with marshmallows!)
- Chocolate Truffles at Parents Mag
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Fruit Pops (use a heart cookie cutter!)
More Involved (Bus Still Fairly Easy) Treats + Desserts
- Stacie’s Stamped Cookies in Parents
- A crazy, over the top Valentine’s Day milkshake
- Valentine’s Day Cookie Houses (and tons of other ideas — many of which can be made without candy, if you’re looking for that — at Super Make It)
Products From This Episode
- Set of heart cookie cutters
- Fancy Sprinkles Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- Fancy Sprinkles Easy Candy
- Wilton Jumbo Heart Sprinkles
- Wilton Sweetheart Sprinkles mix
- Supernatural Full of Hearts Sprinkles
- King Arthur Flour Cocoa (Stacie likes black cocoa and double Dutch dark)
- Our favorite chocolate sprinkles, India Tree Chocolate Vermicelli
- Made Good granola bars (and how we dressed them up for Halloween – you can do something similar for Valentine’s Day!)
We Love Our Sponsors
Natural Hair Health
Did you know that 30 million woman are impacted by weakened or thinning hair?
Nutrafol offers solution with two targeted formulas for women that are clinically shown to improve hair growth and thickness.
And the best part: Nutrafol is made with medical-grade botanicals. It is a 100% drug-free.
Take their Hair Wellness Quiz and enter the code DIJFY to save $15 on your first month’s subscription, plus FREE shipping.
Affordable, Convenient, Organic
Amara Organic Baby Food delivers all of the tastes, textures, and nutrients of fresh purees with the convenience of an on-the-go powder.
Just add water, breast milk or formula, mix, and serve!
Amara is made without added preservatives or sugars, has 50% less natural sugar than leading brands, and still costs under $2/meal.
Learn more and use code DIJFY for 20% off.