Food joy can fade away in the overwhelm of back-to-school season, but easy, weeknight baking ensures that there’s a sweet way to end every day. Jessie Sheehan, author of Snackable Bakes, talks to us about easy-peasy recipes for exceptionally scrumptious weekday treats.
About Our Guest:
Jessie Sheehan is a recipe developer and author of The Vintage Baker, Icebox Cakes, and the new easy-peasy baking book, Snackable Bakes. Her work can be found in The Washington Post, Bon Appétit, Food Network, Food52, and Kitchn, among others. She lives in Brooklyn with her family.
Links From This Episode
- Christina Tosi Instagram
- How to Make the Gooiest Stay-Soft-for-Days Rice Krispies Treats
- Jessie’s Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe
Products From This Episode
- Snackable Bakes: 100 Easy-Peasy Recipes for Exceptionally Scrumptious Sweets and Treat
- The Vintage Baker
- Icebox Cakes: Recipes for the Coolest Cakes in Town
- Almond extract
- Lemon extract
- Lavender extract
- India Tree Rainbow Sprinkles
- India Tree Chocolate Vermicelli
- Sparklling sugar
- Demerara sugar
- Wilton clear imitation butter extract
- Watkins imitation butter extract
- Artificial vanilla extract
- The Souper Cubes cookie tray
We Love Our Sponsors
Kitchen Fun With Yummy Crate
Just when we thought we couldn’t love KiwiCo more, they have gone and launched Yummy Crate.
Each month, Yummy Crate delivers quality kitchen tools, 3 recipes and 2 projects that teach kitchen skills and encourage kids 6-14 to explore the science of cooking.
Build kitchen confidence with hands-on experimentation and kid-tested recipes with Yummy Crate from KiwiCo.
Use code DIJFY for 50% off your first month plus FREE shipping at kiwico.com.