Being a human is hard and we all need as many tools in our coping toolbox as possible. We chat with baker, author, and activist, Becca Rea-Tucker (aka @thesweetfeminist), about how baking has become one of her most powerful coping and processing mechanisms — and how she thinks it can become one for you and maybe even your kids too.
Powered by RedCircle
Links From This Episode
- More about Becca on her site The Sweet Feminist
- Becca on Instagram, @thesweetfeminist
- Becca’s Substack, The Sweet Feminist
- Becca’s book, Baking by Feel: Recipes to Sort Out Your Emotions (Whatever They Are Today!)
- The Mental Health Implications of Abortion Restrictions
About Our Guest: Becca Rea-Tucker
Becca Rea-Tucker is a baker and author with a passion for mixing sugar and strong opinions. She likes using baked goods as an artistic medium, talking about feelings, destigmatizing abortion, and all butter pie crust. Her first cookbook, Baking by Feel, is out now. She lives in Austin, TX with her husband Rhys and pup Otis.
Keep the Conversation Going
Wondering what the deal is with our community? Let us break it down so that you can join us where we can help you best!
Our FREE community membership is always available, and all you need to do is sign up with your email (which we never share with anyone!). Community Members get access to our message boards, where they can ask questions, trade tips, and commiserate with with thousands of other busy home cooks. They also get access to our recipe archive.
Our SUPER FAN membership comes with the community boards and recipe access, too, along with a whole host of other fantastic goodies including:
- And ad-free stream of all DIJFY episodes (!!!!!)
- Two full-length bonus episodes every month
- Behind-the-scenes audio cuts that include outtakes, bloopers, and extended conversations
- Bi-monthly Office Hours where we address YOUR questions and troubleshoot YOUR kitchen, cooking or feeding challenges live and in real-time
If you really want customized, hands-on help from us, we also offer a BFF (best fan forever) membership option which WE LOVE because it allows us to work with you directly, one-on-one (you know, if you consider us one unit!).
Check out all of our community options on the Community page of our site, and join us TODAY! We can’t wait to hang out and treat you to all the extra goodies we’ve made just for you!