Nachos are a beloved appetizer and, if you ask us and this week’s guest, Dan Whalen, they are also a genius family meal. In this episode, we talk to Dan about what makes nachos nachos and how we can play with the concept to make dinners that are as delicious and nourishing as they are fun.
About Our Guest: Dan Whalen
Combining the amazing flavors, varied textures, and fun of the beloved dish, Dan Whalen creates recipes ranging from the satisfying finger food we all know and love, to takes befitting of a fork and knife meal, and they are so easy that even the kids will want to help with dinner. His latest book, Nachos for Dinner, takes the spirit of this treasured appetizer as an easy, versatile crowd-pleaser, with crunchy, melty, and flavorful elements combining to create something different for every night of the week, with little to no clean-up and a minimum of pans used!
You can find more of Dan’s recipes beyond nachos at his site, The Food In My Beard, as well as info on his other books on S’mores, Tots, and more.
Links From This Episode:
- Our episode, How to Turn Nachos Into a Legit Family Dinner
- Dan on Instagram: @tfimb
- Dan on TikTok: @tbimb
- Dan’s friend @thevulgarchef on Instagram
- Lauren Toyota’s Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce recipe (and our kids taste test of the recipe!)
Products From This Episode:
- Nachos for Dinner: Surprising Sheet Pan Meals the Whole Family Will Love by Dan Whalen
- Tots!: 50 Tot-ally Awesome Recipes from Totchos to Sweet Po-tot-o Pie by Dan Whalen
- S’mores!: Gooey, Melty, Crunchy Riffs on the Campfire Classic by Dan Whalen
- Stuffed: The Ultimate Comfort Food Cookbook: Taking Your Favorite Foods and Stuffing Them to Make New, Different and Delicious Meals by Dan Whalen
- The Comfort Food Mash-Up Cookbook: 80 Delicious Recipes for Reimagining Your Favorite Dishes by Dan Whalen
We Love Our Sponsors
Natural Hair Health
Did you know that 30 million woman are impacted by weakened or thinning hair?
Nutrafol offers solution with two targeted formulas for women that are clinically shown to improve hair growth and thickness.
And the best part: Nutrafol is made with medical-grade botanicals. It is a 100% drug-free.
Take their Hair Wellness Quiz and enter the code DIJFY to save $15 on your first month’s subscription, plus FREE shipping.