There’s a magic strategy that lives between meal prepping and meal planning, and this week’s guest, Cassy Joy Garcia, has mastered it: cook once, eat twice. From a mindset shift to concrete strategies, we talk to Cassy about how to spend less time cooking while eating fresh homemade meals every night, no boring repeats.
About Our Guest: Cassy Joy Garcia
Cassy Joy Garcia is the bestselling author of her latest Cook Once Dinner Fix, as well as the creative force behind the popular food blog Fed + Fit. Eager to share her healthy living secrets with the world, she started Fed + Fit in 2011. After realizing that her own struggles to get a healthy homemade dinner on the table overlapped with the same struggles experienced by her readers, she decided that there must be a better way. The Cook Once method was born! She lives in San Antonio, Texas with her husband and two children, and a baby on the way!
Links From This Episode:
- Cook Once Dinner Fix by Cassy Joy Garcia
- Cassy Joy Garcia’s food blog, Fed + Fit
- Hilarious meme about cooking nothing for dinner
- Our episode The Art of Intentional Leftovers with David Tamarkin
- Roasted Frozen Broccoli, perhaps the perfect everyday side
Products From This Episode:
- Grocery bins to help organize items needed for that meal
- A set of bowls if you want to (literally) keep a veggie bowl in the fridge
- Cutting board
- A four-pack of Mason jars for keeping chopped vegetables
- A great set of glass food storage containers
- A set of reusable storage bags
- Some divided containers in case they are your thing!
We Love Our Sponsors
Luxury For (Way) Less
Cashmere crews, hotel-quality sheets, washable silk camis, Turkish towels, super soft fleece, hand-knotted rugs — and more! — all for 50-80% lower than other brands. Sounds like a dream, but it’s all for real at OneQuince.com/dijfy, our favorite one-stop shop for affordable luxury goods.
We love Quince so much that they’ve extended a new offer to DIJFY listeners. Treat yourself (and your home!) this BTS season: use the code FEED10 for 10% off any purchase $100 or more.
Visit https://www.onequince.com/dijfy today. Don’t miss out!