Every summer we make a mental bucket list of foods we want to cook, eat, and savor while we can. Because, before you know it, there will be a never-ending parade of apples, winter squash, and long cooked stews. Here are all the things we’re determined to eat and cook before summer ends and that we hope you’ll take time to enjoy too.
Our End of Summer Food Joy
Not every meal that you make for your family has to come from the “easy crowd pleaser” list. This episode is all about recipes and meal ideas that we want to cook for fun, to soak in the season, and fill our souls with food joy before back-to-school season kicks off!
Here are the links mentioned in this week’s episode:
- The vanilla ice cream that Mike made, aka 30-Minute Philadephia-Style Ice Cream
- Jennifer Garner’s Mom’s cobbler recipe
- Butter Bath Corn
- Tomato Salad with Currants and Serrano Oil by Sophia Roe (@sophia_roe)
- Greek Giouvetsi
- Best Gazpacho by Julia Moskin at The New York Times
- Our Southern-Inspired Tomato Cheddar Pie
- Our Sheet Pan Seafood Boil recipe
- Hibiscus Mezcal Pitcher Cocktail
- How to Make the Perfect Aperol Spritz
- White Wine Aperitif
- Cocchi Americano
- No-Churn S’mores Ice Cream by Erin McDowell
- Alton Brown’s Blueberry Pie recipe
- Chadwick Boyd’s Brown Butter Biscuit Batter with Juicy Fruit recipe
- Blackberry Shortcake
- Ottolenghi’s Corn Polenta
- Meghan’s Panzanella on Kitchn
We Love Our Sponsors
Luxury For (Way) Less
Cashmere crews, hotel-quality sheets, washable silk camis, Turkish towels, super soft fleece, hand-knotted rugs — and more! — all for 50-80% lower than other brands. Sounds like a dream, but it’s all for real at OneQuince.com/dijfy, our favorite one-stop shop for affordable luxury goods.
We love Quince so much that they’ve extended a new offer to DIJFY listeners. Treat yourself (and your home!) this BTS season: use the code FEED10 for 10% off any purchase $100. Visit https://www.onequince.com/dijfy today. Don’t miss out!