Our favorite episode during our favorite time of year! Nothing beats summer eating and we’re making sure to share what’s on our tables now so that we can inspire each other and, hopefully, all of you with plenty of time for all of us to act on the inspiration. We’re not letting a single summer dish get away this year!
Summer’s Last Hurrah
Let’s get into what we’re cooking and eating, right now, as summer runs right into back-to-school season.
Here are the links mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Our summer lunchbox PSA
- Oatmeal Cream Pie Muffins – from Food Between Friends
- Kale Cabbage Salad – from The Weekday Vegetarian Cookbook
- Pizza Galette
- Our Cheesy Cheese Burger recipe
- Our Slower Cooker Sausage and Onions
- Dash and Bella’s #hellasalads
- Grillo’s Pickle de Gallo
- Chile verde sauce/recipe
- Chicken Laarb: grab Stacie’s recipe in our newsletter!
- Kelly’s cuke and mayo salad
- Sheet Pan Bibimbop
- Sheet Pan Shawarma but do it on the grill!!
- Ottolenghi corn polenta
- Butter bath corn
- JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Products mentioned in this week’s episode
- Food Between Friends by Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Julie Tanous
- The Weekday Vegetarian Cookbook by Jenny Rosenstrach
- Everything Is Under Control: A Memoir with Recipes
- OmSom Vietnamese Lemongrass BBQ dinner starter
We Love Our Sponsors!
Light Ice Cream That’s Heavy on Flavor
Summer is here and we are whipping up ice cream desserts — from homemade ice cream cakes to shakes and floats — with our pints of Enlightened Light Ice Cream. They come in classic flavors like Vanilla Bean and Mint Chip, as well as impossibly indulgent flavors that pack in loads of mix-ins and swirls, like Brownies & Cookie Dough and Caramel Fudge Pretzel. Major scoopability and tons of dreamy possibility.
Find out more about Enlightened, where to find them locally or how to get pints delivered to your door by visiting EatEnlightened.com/DIJFY. Don’t forget to use the code DIJFY10 to get 10% off of your order + free shipping.
Fancy Sprinkles Makes Lunchboxing FUN!
You already know that we’re crazy about Fancy Sprinkles for Easy Candy, but they’ve just upped their sprinkles game BIG TIME with a back-to-school line line of sprinkles that’s pretty much their most fun collection yet. They have primary color options with letters and numbers for little ones and cool blends for tweens. And of course, like all Fancy Sprinkles, they’re delicious not mushy and never waxy.
Make the coolest lunchbox in school with back-to-school Fancy Sprinkles at fancysprinkles.com/DIJFY and use the code DIJFY to get 20% off your first order.