A new season calls for a new round of what we’re cooking and eating now. Meghan’s moving fast into spring with big, chopped salads while Stacie hangs a bit longer in the space between winter and spring. Yet! There’s so much overlap in the flavors and ingredients we’re cooking with these days.
This post contains affiliate links, we may make a small percentage on products we recommend.
The Shoulder Season
It’s that time of year where we all feel it — spring is coming — but we’re moving towards brighter days and warmer temps at different rates. Some of us, like Meghan, are ready for fresh salads of spring. Others, like Stacie, are going lighter, but while holding on to the cozy warmth of winter cooking techniques. But one thing is the same with us all: we’re starting to eat differently.
Here’s What We’re Cooking and Eating Now:
- Tonight We Veg column by Grace Elkus on The Kitchn
- Vegetarian Italian Chopped Salad
- Ina’s Lemon Chicken Breasts
- We Tested 4 Famous Blondie Recipes and Found the Only One You’ll Ever Need
- Oven Baked Skillet Pancake
- Lofty Buttermilk Pancakes
- Diner Pancakes at Epicurious
- Meghan’s Sky High Ranch Biscuits
- Smoked Tofu and Coleslaw Wraps at Eating Well
- Tofu with Rice and Miso-Maple Dressing
- Potato Cheddar Soup with Quick Pickled Jalapenos
- Stacie’s Shaved Fennel and Asparagus Salad
- Stacie’s Spanikorizo (recipe coming!)
- Stacie’s Lemon Cream Scones
- What’s the difference between scones and biscuits?
- Tofu Tikka Masala
- Easiest Coconut Rice
- Classic Island Peas and Rice and Rice Cooker Jamaican Rice and Peas
- Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma from Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner
- One-Pot Gingery Chicken and Rice with Peanut Sauce
- Sheet Pan Italian Sub Dinner
Here Are Some Products Mentioned in This Week’s Episode:
- Taylor Farms salad kits
- Not Just Co (we especially love their Lemon Miso Dressing)
- Omsom starters
- Pink Peppercorn Honey Yuzu Vinaigrette from The Acid League
- Boar’s Head Salsalito Turkey
Zoup! makes flavor-forward broths, Culinary Concentrates™, and heat-and-eat soups that make it easy to add rich, homemade taste to all of your cooking.
All Zoup! products are free of preservatives, artificial ingredients and gluten, and packed in recyclable glass containers.
Find Zoup! at retailers nationwide, including Walmart, Sprouts and Kroger, plus online at ZoupBroth.com. Or order on Amazon and get 20% off with the code 20FEEDNOV to get 20% off your order through Nov 30th.