One of the hardest parts of cooking is the cleaning that ensues, so it’s no surprise that we’re regularly asked about how to best clean as you go. In this episode, we chat with cleaning expert Taryn Williford about how to set yourself up to cook without creating a huge mess — or at least without creating a mess that makes you feel overwhelmed and like you’d rather never cook again.
This post contains affiliate links, we may make a small percentage on products we recommend.
What Does Clean Look Like for You?
One of the most important take-aways from our conversation with cleaning expert Taryn Williford is to start with an understanding of what clean looks like in your house. What matters most to you and your family: Clean floors? Having all the dishes put away? Clean countertops? Prioritize those things and get comfortable with sitting with other small messes.
But even with that sage advice, we know you want to get down to brass tacks: But, ladies, tell us how to clean as we cook!! No worries, we get to that too!
Here Are The Links — and Some Other Helpful Articles About Cleaning As You Go — From This Week’s Episode:
- Any of of These 15 Small Habits Will Make You a “Clean as You Go” Person
- Try “Trigger Cleaning” to Get Your Whole Home Clean, Without Really Trying
- Habit Stacking: How to Build New Habits by Taking Advantage of Old Ones
- Habit Stacking: 127 Small Changes to Improve Your Health, Wealth, and Happiness
- The Best Natural Cleaning Products, According to Experts
- The Best Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products for Your Home
- The Best Refillable Cleaning Products for Your Eco-Friendly Home
- Two Ways to Improve Your Kitchen In Just an Hour
- Using this Common Cleaner on Your Stovetop Could Cause Major Damage and Void Your Warranty
Here are Some Products Mentioned in This Week’s Episode:
- Stacie’s fave: Swedish reusable kitchen cloths
- Oxo Good Drips Silicone Drain Protector
- Pan scrapers
- Clean Cult
- The dishwasher cleaning tablets that Amazon shoppers are obsessed with
- A cleaning razoer, per Taryn’s suggestion
About Our Guest: Taryn Williford
Taryn Williford is a homebody from Atlanta. She writes about cleaning and living well as the Lifestyle Director at Apartment Therapy. She might have helped you declutter your apartment through the magic of a well-paced email newsletter. Or maybe you know her from The Pickle Factory Loft on Instagram. You can find her on her own Instagram too: @tarynwilliford.
Zoup! makes flavor-forward broths, Culinary Concentrates™, and heat-and-eat soups that make it easy to add rich, homemade taste to all of your cooking.
All Zoup! products are free of preservatives, artificial ingredients and gluten, and packed in recyclable glass containers.
Find Zoup! at retailers nationwide, including Walmart, Sprouts and Kroger, plus online at ZoupBroth.com. Or order on Amazon and get 20% off with the code 20FEEDNOV to get 20% off your order through Nov 30th.